Sunday, September 21, 2014

Decor Inspiration from Europe

Hi Peeps, I finally sorted through my vacation pictures and picked some to share with you. 
Since my little blog is all about "Decor" I don't want to bore you with our personal travel pics,
but rather share some inspiring decor I noticed all over Europe.

First Stop - SPAIN 
I took these pictures at a beautiful Restaurant

Lovin the bench
One can never have enough lanterns either...lol



Next Stop GERMANY. I have to share this photo with you. 
These are giant wine barrels that you can rent to sleep in. 
It's part of a Hotel... I LUV IT.....what a hoot
I took these pictures in a castle we visited. Just look at those ancient gorgeous hand painted armoires.
Also loving this trunk
uhhh and I wanted to take home this chandelier. 
It's just what I have in mind for our dining room....LOL
I took these pictures in one of my favorite 
Decor stores in Germany
Notice the buck on the wall??? Same trend as in the USA, it's all about critters on the wall this year...lol
 

I saw this baby nursery in a store window in Spain. 
If I had another baby I would want my nursery
to look something like this....
Check out that sad looking owl....awwww
You all know I am a sucker for old crates and boxes. 
This one is at my aunt's house in Germany.
This is also somewhere in Germany. 
How simple is this, just hang an old wheel on some chains!
SUPER CUTE
Someones house entry in Germany. This lantern was HUGE.....
And more crates nicely decorated in a little 
country shop in Germany
Let me share a little bit of my Mom's house 
in Germany now. I love how she decorates 

I would love to have beams like that in our family room
Our little guy watching GODZILLA at her computer desk
This is my Moms window sill in the Family room


Decorated so pretty with the boxwood and grasses
An old vintage fishing basket 

Some pretty bushes in the backyard

I saw this adorable Bavarian style rabbit hutch displayed at a pet store. It even had a flower box for the window. I wish I could have taken it back to the USA. 
I think Bugsy would love a "Complete Makeover Home Edition" Rabbit style of course..lol


As always, thanks so much for visiting me each week Peeps

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png
Follow on Bloglovin


21 comments:

  1. Christine, I loved the photos. It's nice to see how other decorate. Plus I love seeing towns I have never seen before. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed getting to see some glimpses of home and décor around Spain and Germany! I've never been to either country. I bet you find the neatest things to bring back home. Do you speak the languages there too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures and inspiration. You mom's house decor is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing fun photos from your trip….I love your mom's home and miss the window sills here at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous pictures! We lived in Germany for three years and loved it! I truly miss the shopping there!!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I love getting decor inspiration from my trips, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, love the darling lanterns and baskets. Such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see where you get your style - your mother's house is lovely. Yes, Bugsy deserves a makeover home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You picked up some fabulous design inspiration in Europe. that is one of the reasons I love traveling.... Thanks for sharing!! :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great inspiration! Found you at Twirl and Take a Bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous photos! Your mother's dining room is beautiful...that china cupboard/cabinet is to die for!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Christine,
    deine Dekofotos aus Deutschland sind sooooo schön. Auch deine Mutti hat es schön zu Hause.

    Vielen lieben Dank für´s zeigen,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  13. You mom's place looks so lovely! I see similarities between your styles. I bet you had a great time in Europe this summer Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine, loved seeing some beautiful decor from your travels. My favorite thing I saw in Spain was the doors of all the quaint village homes. I did a post about them when I returned home. Your mothers home is beautiful and it's easy to see where you got your terrific decorating talent from. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures!! I told my husband that I want to visit Europe, after going through this post :)

    Thanks for sharing this at Wake-Up Wednesday, the party I am co-hosting.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos! It must have been a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine! What great photos - sooo jealous of your trip!!! But it looks like you had fun! I love all of the rustic looking decor, especially the lanterns! Thanks for sharing with us on Merry Monday! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos and inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of these, what great inspiration..... I wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this post on my blog this week at Tuesdays with a Twist link party. Please stop by for a peek. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous trip and so much decorating inspiration! I can see where you get your decorator's touch in your mom's home. Thanks for sharing this at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a super week!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all such pretty ideas. I especially love all of the lanterns (huge lantern fanatic here)! Thanks for linking to Motivational Monday, and we hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!